For this Innovative Leading Medical Devices client in Eindhoven, I am urgently looking for a Development Engineer who has experience in product development and mechanical engineering to join the research and development team.
Your role will be to utilize your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world's most innovative medical products. Your contribution can range from early customer contacts, project definition and concept creation to Mechatronics Design of new products or modifications to existing products.
- Responsible for the mechatronic solutions in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in software and electronic hardware designs.
- Using skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight to lead the team in designing parts and assemblies for new medical innovations.
- Make principle choices for the product designs, subsystems and interfaces.
- Responsible for the overall manufacturability, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods in manufacturing sites.
- Lead internal and external design sub-teams.
- Work closely with the commercial department to truly understand the customer's technologic challenges i.o to offer projects, tailored services & amp; technical support.
- A Bachelors degree in either mechanical engineering & gt;
- 10 years of professional experience in product development (medical preferred)
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably recently CREO (pro/ENGINEER), recent practitioner
- Demonstrated Mechatronics background in combining mechanical with system engineering, precision tooling, fibre optics/routing and electronic packaging
- Robust knowledge of design controls and risk management standards.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing medical products to the market
- Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA)
- Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and clearly defining the complete mechatronic needs to project members
- Experience in coaching of designers or design teams
- Strong customer focus, team player, communicator and social interaction skills
- Willing to travel (10%).
- Languages: English, Dutch (optional)
- 1 year, with high chance of extension
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV. For further information, please contact Aimee Brenner at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org