In this role you will apply fundamental biophysics and cell biology principles to conduct formulation screening and process development. You will work with multiple teams including Process Development, Analytical Development, Manufacturing, QA/QC, Regulatory, etc.
- Design, execute and analyze key experimental studies on formulation, and cryopreservation processes for internal and customer projects.
- Assess and identify cryopreservation Critical Process Parameters (CPPs).
- Establish analytical approaches to employ during formulation screening, including but not limited to cell health, membrane integrity assays, molecular mechanism indicator assays, cell-specific functional assays, etc.
- Author and review technical reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results for all departments (QA, Manufacturing, …).
- Ensure Development, Maintenance (incl. training) and communication of Cell Maters Cryo-expertise.
- PhD in Biology, Bioengineering, or Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines with min 1 year experience in Cell Therapy Industry.
- Solid theoretical knowledge in cryobiology.
- Practical experience in cryopreservation (including formulation, fill&finish, container closure).
- Strong understanding of cell biology (/cryobiology)
- Experience with cell culture and cellular assays (viability, functionality, …).
- Experience with Quality Management System standards and systems.
- Sound knowledge in DOE.
- Clearly communication of results to stakeholders (written and oral presentation skills).
- Works effectively in cross functional teams and projects.
- Ability to be involved in teams and meetings as assigned.
- Must have strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Passion for, and alignment with, CellMatters/Cryoport’s mission.
Location: Liege, Belgium
Interested? Apply now! or contact Garreth Koslowski at +31202044502 / email@example.com