Expert who leads the company into new systems and functions for in-ear (audio) devices
For one of our high-tech clients we are looking for a BioLab Technician to join their R&D team on the development of high-end audio components.
The company is extending its product portfolio form traditional Hardware components for the Hearing Aid market to more intelligent modules where both Hardware and Software make the product. Furthermore, the company targets not only the Hearing Aid market but also the high-end, In-ear audio devices in the Consumer Electronics market. For both markets the company needs to also understand the customer architecture and interfaces to develop the right systems and components, while still building on its core value of optimum size and power consumption. Therefore, the company is strengthening the team to take on this new challenge.
- Take responsibility of the infrastructure of the newly created BioLab
- Ensure all measurement equipment remains available and up to date (chest strap, ECG, tread mills, software, etc)
- Make proposals for new equipment either purchase or dedicated own build.
- Design and build new test setups (mechanics + electronics), including programming to drive/read sensor and some data analysis and reporting
- Characterization of new (bio-) sensors
- Propose the best technical solutions to improve the fit between Sonion products and our Customer products.
- Organize user tests for 5-20 persons: design, plan and oversee execution of the test. Primarily inhouse, but potentially also externally
- Drive domain expertise
- Contribute to Intellectual Property
- Solid technical education, such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or alike. Probably BSc level
- 3+ yrs experience in working in/for a Lab
- Energetic, pro-active, good communication skills, can work independently on agreed assignments
- Experience with testing on persons is beneficial
- Experience with LabView is beneficial
- Good presentation and communication skills in both verbal and written English
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below. For further information, please contact Ralph Looijen at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org