At the moment we are looking for an Associate Scientist Upstream Process Development for one of our biotechnology clients in Leiden. This client is in the lead for the Covid-19 Vaccine and your help is needed to get the production environment ready!
The USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production.
- As part of the lab team you will support the preparation and execution of scientific studies, these will be part of a project plan.
- You will be responsible for practical execution of experiments, support of data analysis and reporting main conclusions.
- Next to this, there is room to work on continuous improvement topics to increase safety, efficiency in workflow and support of scientific projects.
- Experiments will be performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale shaker flask model.
- All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments. Within the department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
- You have a M.Sc., B.Sc, HBO with 3 years of experience or MBO with 5 years of experience in a relevant discipline like biotechnology or pharmacy.
- You have a strong affinity with upstream process development, as demonstrated by experience with mammalian, bacterial, or other cultivation techniques, hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at lab scale.
- You are a motivated team player who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset.
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and/or English.
- Flexible, sooner the better
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org