Associate Scientist - Infectious Diseases Discovery
For one of the largest pharmaceutical companies, we are looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist. You will join the Infectious Diseases Discovery group to lead efforts in the discovery of novel prophylactic and therapeutic agents, focusing on SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory viruses.
- Be part of a drug discovery project
- Perform independently molecular, cellular, and in vivo experiments, along other team members of the project.
- Contribute to establishing new tools, assays, and relevant disease models.
- Work under limited supervision with day-to-day autonomy.
- Master of Science degree in Virology or related disciplines, with 0-2 years of business experience, or a Bachelor of Science with 2-3 years of business experience, or the equivalent training/experience.
- Proven experience working in a BSL2+/3 laboratory is required.
- Experience in Respiratory viral infections, at the molecular, cellular and in vivo level, is a plus
- FELASA B certificate or equivalent, for in vivo experiments, is a plus.
- Precise, accountable, reliable, diligent, works well both alone and in a team.
- Location: Belgium, Beerse
- End date: 07/17/2023 The position is for 1 year,
potentially renewable for another 2 years.
- Full time 100%
- On site
- Fluent in English