For one of the biggest leading Pharma company. We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist Analytical Chemistry/ (Junior scientist) – Mass Spectrometry (M.Sc. with equivalent experience) for three major vaccine projects. You will be expected to perform laboratory work in person and help contract research organizations plan and execute their assignments. The position is a 12-month (40h a week) contract with extension expected. The client is in Leiden
- Analyze carbohydrate-, protein-, or glycoconjugate-based antigens using HPAEC-PAD, HPLC-FLD, RP-HPLC & LC-MS. Know, implement, and improve established tests for carbohydrates, proteins, glycoconjugates, and particle-based vaccines. This job is mainly a lab-based job where up to 60% of the time is devoted to hands-on experiments. Only professionals with a strong affinity for hands-on lab-based activities may apply.
- Design and implement mass spectrometry-based experiments and analyses related to the structure elucidation of large molecules, specifically proteins, glycoproteins, and/or peptides.
- Execute high-resolution MS experiments and perform essential maintenance and troubleshooting of the instruments.
- Apply state–of–the–art analytical chemistry to ensure a targeted approach to problem-solving and delivering relevant results. Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and show a willingness to learn/explore new techniques.
- Act quickly and provide expertise and solutions for advanced characterization of large biomolecules and support investigations. Develop test procedures and write scientific and study reports.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety.
- Stay up to date with the scientific literature.
- Support equipment selection, purchase, and maintenance for the Mass spectrometry facility.
- Support CROs to plan, execute, document, and review their work.
- Minimal 2-5 years of professional experience (experience in an industry setting is preferred).
- Experience with mass spectrometry of carbohydrates (glycans, glycopeptides, polysaccharides), proteins, and glycoconjugates.
- Good communication skills with different stakeholders.
- MSc or equivalent experience as a Mass spectrometry/Large molecule characterization specialist.
- Excellent in time management.
- Able to manage and monitor work contracted to CROs.
Project start date:
Short notice preferred
12 months + possible extension / perm
If you are interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation.
PS: Did you also know that we offer a generous referral scheme, because great people know other great people, right?
For further information, please contact Sayf Idais at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at email@example.com