At the moment I am looking for an (Applied) Physicist for one of our Biotechnology clients in Leiden. The position is in Leiden and it regards a 1 year contract with a big chance of extension.
You will work in the Formulation Science & Technology team; supporting entire drug product development, and broader teams, by solving challenging problems by using theoretical modelling and novel experimental set-ups.
Works independently and lead assignments/projects of moderate to high complexity. Collaborates cross functionally with research and development (R&D), technical operations and supply chain to identify opportunities, improve current processes and perform the work necessary to realize high quality product.
- Provide (applied) physics expertise, (applied) mathematics and drive complex data analysis in active projects
- Participates in investigational teams to help identify root causes and implement solutions
- Provides alternative approaches or perspectives during problem solving and solution implementation
- Complements existing drug product development expertise by identifying blind spots or unforeseen risks
- Proactively identifies problems or issues where an applied physics/applied mathematics analysis would be beneficial
- Contributes to the writing of study plans, reports and presentations to stakeholders as appropriate
- Provides coaching and guidance to peers and junior team members
- Drives technical resolutions in manufacturing and troubleshoots product issues under compressed timelines.
- Researches emerging technologies in areas of product development.
- Seeks, drives and accelerates change that has lasting and significant impact. Recommends solution to address those issues.
- Build partnership with identified physicians or scientists to evaluates new product information and makes recommendations on product improvement
- PhD is nice to have, not must-have.
- Without PhD, relevant work experience (5y+) is expected.
- Educational background: applied physics, biophysics, applied mathematics or related fields.
- Preferred skills: modelling, scripting, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics
- Knowledge or understanding of pharmaceutical industry
- Strong in written/verbal communication in English
- Flexible, sooner the better
If you’re interested in the above description, please apply with your CV and a letter of motivation by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information, please contact Gemma Dozy at +31 (0)20 20 44 502 or by email at email@example.com